Natural Cycle IVF/M
Natural Cycle IVF enables women to complete the IVF process with little to no medication at all. Using individualized protocols, our patients are monitored during their normal menstrual cycles. At the best time for the patient, a naturally selected egg (s) is retrieved, fertilized in our laboratory, and grown in our laboratory. The resulting embryo is then transferred back into the patient or frozen for future use.
Natural cycle IVF has emerged as a popular alternative to conventional IVF for a number of reasons:
- Improved outcomes in select patients – In many woman, IVF using conventional methods fails. Without the use of high doses of medications, some woman may have improved outcomes
- Less medication use – Fertility drugs can sometimes lead to unwanted side effects, including headache, gastrointestinal discomfort, nausea, breast tenderness, or hot flashes may occur. By avoiding these medications, woman can complete the IVF process without worry of these side effects.
- No risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome – Some women taking fertility drugs experience a condition known as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, pain in the area of the ovaries, dark urine, decreased urination, rapid weight gain, or shortness of breath. Severe cases can even require hospitalization and are associated with bad pregnancy outcoms.
- Less monitoring – Conventional IVF requires considerable monitoring through blood tests and ultrasounds. Although there will still be some monitoring with natural cycle IVF, Natural Cycle IVF requires >50% less visits.
- Ethical/Religious concerns with conventional IVF methods – In conventional IVF cycles, excess eggs and embryos not used are typically discarded, which is not acceptable to some patients. Natural cycle IVF uses only the body’s naturally produced eggs, making it a the best choice for individuals with certain religious or ethical concerns.
NATURAL CYCLE IVF WITH IVM
Natural Cycle IVF with IVM is a type of IVF cycle that is similar to Natural Cycle IVF. A patient will be stimulated for approximately 3 days to mature the eggs. In addition to retrieving mature eggs, immature eggs from the smaller follicles will also be retrieved and matured in our labs.