Associate Medical Director
Dr. Daniel Kort is an experienced Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Specialist committed to understanding his patients achieve their goals of building their family and educating them thoroughly about their fertility preservation options. Prior to joining Neway, Dr. Kort was an attending physician at Extend Fertility and East Coast IVF, now known as Damien Fertility Partners.
Dr. Kort attained his undergraduate degree to Tulane University and his medical degree from Kansas School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Columbia University Medical Center. Subsequently, Dr. Kort received his fellowship training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility under the guidance of Dr. Roger Lobo, former President of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and Dr. Mark Sauer, an international expert in infertility treatment.
Dr. Kort is currently double board-certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology as well as Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He is a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). He has published extensively on reproductive aging, pregnancy in older women, and polycystic ovary syndrome in journals including Nature, Nature Medicine, and the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (AJOG).
BIBLIOGRAPHY & PRESENTATIONS
- Human embryos commonly form abnormal nuclei during development: a mechanism of DNA damage, embryonic aneuploidy, and developmental arrest. Kort DH, Chia G, Treff NR, Tanaka AJ, Zing T, Vensand LB, Micucci S, Prosser R, Lobo A, Sauer MV, Egli D, Human Reproduction. 2016
- Preliminary evidence that cinnamon improves menstrual cyclicity in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. Kort DH and Lobo RA. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014 Nov.
- Chemerin as a marker of body fat and insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Kort DH, Kostolias A, Sullivan C, Lobo RA. Gynecological Endocrinology. 2014 September.
- Human oocytes reprogram adult somatic nuclei of a type 1 diabetic to diploid pluripotent stem cells. Yamada M, Johannesson B, Sagi I, Burnett LC, Kort DH, Prosser RW, Paull D, Nestor MW, Freeby M, Greenberg E, Goland RS, Leibel RL, Solomon SL, Benvenisty N, Sauer MV, Egli D. Nature. 2014 Apr 28.
- Successful pregnancy following assisted reproduction and transmyometrial embryo transfer in a patient with anatomical distortion of the cervical canal. Sullivan-Pyke C, Kort D, Sauer M, and Douglas N. Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2014.
- Harnessing the stem cell potential: the path to preventing mitochondrial disease. Tanaka A, Sauer M, Egli D, Kort D. Nature Medicine, December 2013
- Finding fibers: Intrauterine synechia of the lower uterus after cesarean section. Kort T, Sauer M. Andrology and Gynecology: Current Research 1:2.
- Pregnancy after age 50: defining risks for mother and child. Kort D, Gosselin J, Choi J, Thornton M, Cleary-Goldman J, Sauer M. American Journal of Perinatology, August 2011.
- Fertility options for patients infected with HIV. Kort D, Sauer M. US Obstetrics and Gynecology, July 2012.
- Paraneoplastic anti–N-methyl-D-aspartate-receptor encephalitis from mature cystic teratoma. Kort D, Valerie A, DeMarco E, Lobo R. Obstetrics and Gynecology, August 2009.
- Does the addition of clomiphene citrate or letrazole to gonadotropin treatment enhance the oocyte yield in poor responders undergoing IVF? Jovanovic VP, Kort DH, Guarnaccia MM, Sauer MV, Lobo RA. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, September 2011.
- Does the level of serum antimullerian hormone predict ovulatory function in women with polycystic ovary syndrome with aging? Carmina E, Campagna A, Mansuet P, Vitale G, Kort D, Lobo R. Fertility and Sterility, July 2012.
- Optimization of IVF pregnancy outcomes with donor spermatozoa. Wang JG, Douglas NC, Prosser R, Kort D, Choi JM, Sauer MV.” Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, March 2009.
- Quasi-nature catalysis: rhodium-catalyzed C-C bond formation in air and water. Huang T, Venkatraman S, Nguyen T, Kort D, Wang D, Ding R, Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, 2001.
- Cinnamon supplementation improves menstrual cyclicity in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Kort D, Sullivan C, Kostolias A, DePinho J, Lobo R; 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Chemerin as a marker of body fat and insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Kort D, Sullivan C, Kostolias A, DePinho J, Lobo R; 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- The increased prevalence of regular menstrual cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) with aging is associated with lower levels of serum anti-mullerian hormone (AMH). Kort D, Carmina E, Campagna A, Mansueto P, Lobo R; 2012 Annual Meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation
- Pregnancy in women 50 years and above incurs significant perinatal risks. Kort D, Choi J, Dutta P, Guarnaccia M, Nakhuda G, Sauer M; 2009 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Ovarian surgery for suspected anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate-receptor (anti-NMDA-R) mediated encephalitis. Kort D, Levine B, Vallerie A, DeMarco E, Lobo R; 2009 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Blockage of NOTCH signaling inhibits follicular development in the rodent. Sauer C, Kort D, Wang Z, Sauer M, Kitajewski J, Zimmerman R; 2009 Annual Meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation
- Does the addition of clomiphene citrate or letrazole to gonadotropin treatment enhance the oocyte and embryo yield in poor responders undergoing IVF. Jovanovic V, Kort D, Guarnaccia M, Sauer M, Lobo R; 2008 Annual Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Src regulation of human ovarian granulosa-luteal and thecal steroidogenesis. Roby K, Peterson L, Kort D, Nelson L, Terranova P; 2006 Annual Meeting of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation