GETTING STARTED – Your First Visit
You should expect to spend up to 2 hours at Neway during your initial consultation.
Please be sure to bring the following with you:
• New Patient Information Packet*
•A Photo ID
• Your Insurance Card (if applicable)
Your visit will consist of a 60 to 80-minute consultation with the doctor. During this time, your medical history will be discussed and any questions you may have will be addressed. New patients will have a brief physical exam, including an ultrasound and blood testing, which may include STD’s and genetic testing. The doctor will assess whether or not all tests will be necessary at the time of your visit. If you have already received testing and/or treatment from another fertility specialist, please bring the corresponding medical records with you. This information gives the doctor a better idea of what your needs are and will save you from unnecessarily repeating certain tests and/or procedures
Following your meeting with the doctor and medical staff, a member of our billing department will go over your insurance coverage and fee schedules.
All staff members will make sure that you have a better understanding of your journey toward fertility and what you should be preparing for by the time you leave the office.
*NPI packet can be sent via email prior to your appointment, significantly reducing your wait time.
Questions For Your First Consultation
We know you have questions and are more than willing to answer anything that comes to mind. Write down questions you may have so you’ll be prepared at your visit. Not sure what you should ask? Here are some of the most common questions patients at Neway often ask:
1. What are some of the possible reasons we haven’t conceived yet?
2. What kinds of tests will we need? How do test differ for men and women?
3. What treatment will you recommend we attempt first?
4. Are there side effects that go along with the treatment you’re recommending?
5. What is your fertility clinic’s success rate? How does it compare to our unique situation?
6. Is it possible that we could conceive multiple babies using the treatment you’re recommending?
7. For how many cycles should we try this treatment?
8. If the first treatment doesn’t work, what will you recommend trying next?
9. Can we expect any long-term complications with this or other infertility treatments?
10. How much can we expect to pay for infertility treatment? Does your clinic accept insurance or offer financial payment plans?
It’s important to education yourself about the process of fertility treatment when you seek care at Neway. While we do have a number of answers on our website, It’s helpful to take some time to discuss matters specific to your unique situation with our staff. Use these questions as a guide as you prepare for your initial consultation at Neway Fertility Clinic. We look forward to working with you as you build a beautiful family.