Dr. Nejat is an accomplished reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialist who considers the doctor-patient relationship to be paramount. He believes that spending adequate time with his patients, being accessible to answer their questions, and having empathy, in addition to possessing exceptional clinical ability, are crucial to providing state-of-the-art medical care. His particular areas of scientific interest include mild stimulation, repeated implantation failure, unexplained infertility, diminished ovarian reserve and oocyte cryopreservation.
He has received numerous awards and has been published widely in the field of reproductive endocrinology and infertility with contributions to scientific journals including The New England Journal of Medicine, Human Reproduction, Fertility and Sterility, and The Journal of Clinical Oncology. He has presented his work at national and international academic conferences, and various media outlets have reported on his research including the BBC, The Telegraph, Medscape, Pregnancy.org, and IVF.net.
Dr. Nejat has spent the vast majority of his academic and professional career in New York City. He received his Bachelor of Arts in biology from New York University’s College of Arts and Science, his medical degree from Weill Cornell Medical College and his Master of Business Administration from The Johnson School of Management of Cornell University. He then completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell and his fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine / Montefiore Medical Center. He was part of a Manhattan private practice prior to joining Neway.
Outside of work Dr. Nejat enjoys travel and photography, and is proficient in Spanish. He lives in Manhattan with his wife, also a physician, and their son.
“At Neway we provide a calming setting where we can deliver the best possible experience to our patients. Helping couples achieve their reproductive dreams is the most rewarding way I could ever imagine spending my career.”
“I had a wonderful experience at Neway Fertility with Dr Nejat. He was attentive, sensitive, knowledgeable and personable. He represents a rare new wave of health care professionals who really understands how to walk the delicate modern line between personal and professional, which is no small feat in the field of infertility where emotions and tensions can run high, and expectations must be managed extremely carefully. He handles it all with the control and finesse of a doctor who’s been practicing for many decades; it’s a real gift. We’re expecting a baby boy this summer and are so grateful to Dr Nejat and his fantastic team of nurses.”
“Dr Nejat was sensitive, empathetic and attentive to my needs. He spent time with me to allow me the chance to ask questions, he really seemed to care and want us to be able to be parents as much as we did. We are currently preparing for the birth of our little boy this Autumn.”
“I was unfortunately late to my appt but was seen very quickly. He was very sweet and nice to talk to. I didnt feel weird or uncomfortable, he addressed my issues and talk me through all the steps we where going to go through. And the office is absolutely beautiful, the staff was nice an sweet as well”
“He was extremely informative, professional and listened very well. What an awesome experience! He preformed blood work, ultrasound and genetic testing. The consultation was thorough. Excellent doctor!”
“Dr Nejat is very professional and thorough in his diagnosis. He is one of the best OBGYN I have consulted with and I have seen more than 10 in the last 5 years. You get the sense that he cares about you and genuine in his concern. Highly recommended.”
“It was a pleasant visit. The check-in process was discreet and smooth. Waiting time was less than a few minutes. Dr. Nejat greeted me at the waiting room, we went over some medical history, family background, life style, the reason of the visit. He was very attentive, great listener, engaging and professional. He explained to me about his practice, the procedure of each fertility treatment option, the rough estimates, what might be involved in the process, etc. It was a very informative consultation. After the consultation, he performed an ultra sound and blood tests to determine my wellness state as well as what the next step might be. I’m waiting for the lab results. But I can tell you that my visit to Dr. Nejat was very helpful, informative, and I really appreciate that he treats his patients with such warm, kind but in very honest and realistic manner. I highly recommend Dr. Nejat!”
“I found Dr. Nejat here on ZocDoc. I can highly recommend him for fertility consultations and treatments. Very knowledgeable and excellent bedside manners. ”
“Dr. Nejat is one of the best doctors I’ve ever had! He’s extremely competent, caring, and knows how to put patients at ease during challenging moments common to IVF. In addition to the depth of his medical knowledge, he’s incredibly compassionate and has an amazing bedside manner. Dr. Nejat always took time to listen to and answer all of my questions. It was a great comfort to have such a competent doctor with an easy-going and confident approach. Thanks to Dr. Nejat and an IVF cycle with him, I am now pregnant. My husband and I are beyond words grateful to him for his exceptional medical care. I wish he could also be my obstetrician, so that he could be my doctor throughout pregnancy, too.”
BIBLIOGRAPHY & PRESENTATIONS
- Timing the window of implantation by nucleolar channel system prevelance matches the accuracy of the endometrial receptivity array. Nejat EJ, Ruiz-Alonso M, Simon C, Meier UT. Fertil Steril. 2014 Nov;102(5):1477-81.
- Progesterone threshold determines nucleolar channel system formation in human endometrium. Nejat EJ, Szmyga MJ, Zapantis G, Meier UT. Reprod Sci. Jan 2014;21(7):915-920.
- Quantification of nucleolar channel systems: uniform presence throughout the upper endometrial cavity. Szmyga MJ, Rybak EA, Nejat EJ, Banks EH, Whitney KD, Polotsky AJ, Heller DS, Meier UT. Fertil Steril. 2013;99:558-64.
- Implications of blood type for ovarian reserve. Nejat EJ, Jindal S, Berger D, Buyuk E, Lalioti M, Pal L. Hum Reprod. Sep 2011;26(9):2513-2517.
- Successful treatment of postchemotherapy azoospermia with microsurgical testicular sperm extraction: the Weill Cornell experience. Hsiao W, Stahl PJ, Osterberg EC, Nejat E, Palermo GD, Rosenwaks Z, Schlegel PN. J Clin Oncol. Apr 20 2011;29(12):1607-1611.
- Parasitic myomas after laparoscopic myomectomy: case report. Epstein JH, Nejat EJ, Tsai T. Fertil Steril. Mar 2009;91(3):932 e913-934.
- Total hip arthroplasty and rehabilitation in ambulatory lower extremity amputees–a case series. Nejat EJ, Meyer A, Sanchez PM, Schaefer SH, Westrich GH. Iowa Orthop J. 2005;25:38-41.
- Determinants of female reproductive senescence: differential roles for the ovary and the neuroendocrine axis. Buyuk E, Nejat E, Neal-Perry G. Semin Reprod Med. Sep 2010;28(5):370-379.
- The neuroendocrine physiology of female reproductive aging: An update. Neal-Perry G, Nejat E, Dicken C. Maturitas. Sep 2010;67(1):34-38.
- The continuum of ovarian aging and clinicopathologies associated with the menopausal transition. Nejat EJ, Chervenak JL. Maturitas. Jun 2010;66(2):187-190.
- Predictors of chronic disease at midlife and beyond–the health risks of obesity. Nejat EJ, Polotsky AJ, Pal L. Maturitas. Feb 2010;65(2):106-111.
Letters & Editorials:
- How many eggs should I freeze? Nejat EJ, Luk J, Zhang J. Fertil Steril. Jul 2014;102(1):e3.
- Reproductive technologies and the risk of birth defects. Nejat EJ, Buyuk E. N Engl J Med. Aug 2012;367:874-876.
- It’s time to pay attention to the endometrium, including the nucleolar channel system. Nejat EJ, Zapantis G, Rybak EA, Meier UT. Fertil Steril. Oct 12 2011.
- Exercise and quality of life: which comes first? Menopause. Nejat EJ, Santoro N. Jan-Feb 2010;17(1):8-9.